Columbus Brick Company cares about being a good steward of the environment. That is why the manufacturing plant and process we run as well as the product we create are environmentally-friendly. Here are a few highlights:
Our manufacturing process
- • Brick is made from clay and shale, an abundant natural resource.
- • Our basic raw materials are located in close proximity to our plant.
- • Mine reclamation has been and will remain a priority.
- • Self contained packaging helps reduce jobsite waste.
- • Packaging materials used are made from recycled waste material.
- • Our brick are fired with clean burning natural gas and exhaust gasses are cleaned with limestone scrubbers.
- • Our kilns are some of the most efficient in the brick industry.
- • Last for generations.
- • Better regulates temperatures as a result of thermal mass.
- • Provides a favorable acoustic sound barrier.
- • Provides an inorganic wall that is not a food source for mold.
- • Provides an interior or exterior finish that does not need painting thus reducing V.O.C emissions.
- • Non-combustible material which does not emit toxic fume if burned.